Listen to this episode with Jean-Jacques Joris on the go: DOWNLOAD EPISODE HERE
In This Episode:
Jean-Jacques Joris, diplomat turned equine therapist, joins me, Isabelle Tierney, on episode 6 of the Dare To Be You podcast to explore how his daily encounters with violence during his post in the Middle East led him to focus on the healing of his own heart instead. Through connection with horses, Jean-Jacques helps people find the internal peace that comes with radical self acceptance.
Listen in as we discuss:
- How a horse helped Jean-Jacques refine the question of where evil and heroes come from
- How a broken computer inspired him to leave a diplomatic career to attend a Buddhist-inspired university
- How can we create peace outside ourselves if we are not at peace within
- What Jean-Jacques learned under machine gun fire
- The pain of not being congruent with what we are feeling and how we present ourselves
- The way horses teach us to take ownership of who we are right now, no matter what we feel
Jean-Jacques Joris, is a Life-Coach and Licensed Counselor. A native of Geneva, Switzerland, and a Law graduate, Jean-Jacques began his career in consulting and banking, then joined the Swiss foreign service. Throughout his 15-year diplomatic career, Jean-Jacques traveled, worked, and lived in conflict and crisis areas, where he witnessed the power of human resiliency.
At the end of his last assignment in the Middle-East, Jean-Jacques decided to shift his focus from the political to the individual realm, graduating a few years later from Naropa University with an MA in Transpersonal Counseling Psychotherapy.
A horse lover since his childhood, Jean-Jacques offers equine-facilitated psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families, with a non-denominational mindfulness-based approach. Jean-Jacques completed the Equine-Assisted Growth and Learning Association training, is a Certified Mindfulness Instructor, an EMDR practitioner, and a Naropa University adjunct faculty.
Jean-Jacques is fluent in five languages and is married to an exquisite woman and has an even more exquisite daughter.
Featured In This Episode:
Connect with Jean-Jacques:
Subscribe to DTBY:
Join the Conversation:
We would be honored to hear from you on this episode. Share YOUR stories of what it means to “dare to be you!” Leave your comments below and join the DTBY Tribe on Facebook.
If you don’t dare to be yourself, who will?