Imagine a life full of thriving relationships…
You know what it means to love passionately but have forgotten how. You are
excited to practice conscious loving in your daily life. You are ready to
open your heart more fully, accepting yourself and the other as is. You
want to play more and laugh more. You want to be more vulnerable. You want
sacred partnership. You are ready for a couples coach.
What is a couples coach?
A couples coach guides individuals and couples in creating greater ease, fun and connection in their relationships. If you are ready to thrive in your relationships, working with a relationship coach can be an amazing source of support and guidance. Whether you want to heal your relationship with your life partner, a family member or a professional colleague, I can help you:
- Establish and enact relationship goals that deepen intimacy while being attainable and sustainable
- Discover and discard obstacles to unhealthy relationship; this includes letting go of painful conflict patterns
- Bring to light the strength, well-being, and flexibility in each of you leading to long-term relationship success by fostering healthy interdependence
My background as a licensed marriage and family therapist is a vital asset to your healing, as a couples coach teaches you to let go of outdated beliefs, emotions, and behaviors that keep you from thriving in your relationships. This allows you actually live your preferred relationship rather than react to an old one.
What can you expect from couples coaching?
Here’s a quick peek into the fantastic transformational processes that can help you create the relationships you truly want. Work with me and learn to:
- Fight in a way that actually increases intimacy and health
- Navigate mundane issues and decrease stress and bickering
- Skillfully address and heal money issues
- Regain lost physical intimacy (for couples)
- Work with competition in a way that leads to a win/win outcome (instead of win/lose or lose/lose)
- Use each other’s core wounds to heal rather than destroy
- Get out of the fight, flight or freeze response and act from the present instead
- Use the Knife Process (yes, you heard me right! You’ll love learning this!)
Couples therapy or couples coaching?
Before we start our work, we set up a consultation to decide whether you want to utilize my skills as a couples therapist or relationship coach. You will use me as a couples therapist if past wounds or traumas are serious enough to prevent the relationship from moving forward and/or if either one of you struggles with addiction, depression, or anxiety. After the decision has been made, I stay in that role for the rest of our relationship. I will not shift from relationship coach to couples therapy or vice versa. I will refer out if a shift needs to occur.
Am I the right couples coach for you?
It is my fervent wish that you and your partner feel connected to me in a way that feels safe and secure. Trusting that I can lead you on this transformational journey is of utmost importance as I will challenge you in ways that will sometimes feel uncomfortable. Read more to find out if we are a good fit. I also offer a free session so that you can experience how working with me can change your life.
You don’t live in Boulder, Colorado? No problem!
As a relationship coach, I practice with clients all over the world, using phone, email, and Skype from my home base in Boulder, Colorado. I will also travel to you if that best fits your needs.