How can I help?
As a licensed marriage and family therapist with an international practice and almost twenty years of experience I help you free up the brilliance that you really are. When you hire me as your therapist I support you to:
- Heal painful patterns that no longer serve you; this includes overworking, overspending, overdrinking and other limiting behaviors
- Recover from eating disorders and disordered eating issues including negative body image; I work with individuals, partners and family members to ensure the fullest recovery
- Let go of core wounds that still impact your personal and professional life; you discard the beliefs that you are not worthy, that you don’t belong, or that there is no space for you in the world
- Repair attachment issues that negatively impact your relationships, past and present
- Explore and practice a spiritually-based life (a journey that can take many forms as I am open to most spiritual philosophies)
Who do I work with?
I offer individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and group therapy. I work with adolescents and adults.
What is my core philosophy?
NO to shame. YES to compassion. YES to curiosity. And YES to loving boundaries.
It is truly important that you understand that I never use shame as a way to shift you towards healing. Shame is like an insidious poison that takes over every nook and cranny of your life. Instead, I mirror COMPASSION, helping you normalize whatever difficulties you are struggling with. I teach you to be unconditionally CURIOUS, guiding you to discover why there was a perfectly good reason for the issues that cause you pain. And I help you instill FIRM BOUNDARIES, helping you create a disciplined practice that helps you let go of outdated ways of living.
How do I work?
I address all three levels of the self: mind, body, and spirit, because I believe that this is the only way to truly heal. After almost twenty years of experience working with individuals and families I am grateful to have a huge transformational tool box to bring into our work allowing me to help you:
- Reframe painful thoughts into new, supportive ones
- Re-own disowned emotions and become skilled at feeling them (yes, all emotions!)
- Re-member and then surrender old wounds and traumas that live in your body
- Expand into your fullest self through energy healing
- Increase your ability to live with pleasure rather than suffering
- Connect the peace, love, and joy that always lives in your center but that’s been covered up because of painful past experiences and fear-based future predictions
Is therapy or life coaching the right fit for you?
Before we start our work, we set up an hour-long consultation to decide whether you want to utilize my skills as a therapist or life coach. You will work with me as your therapist if past wounds or traumas are serious enough to prevent you from moving forward and/or if you struggle with addiction, depression, or anxiety. After the decision has been made, I stay in that role for the rest of our relationship. I will not shift from life coach to therapist or vice versa. I will refer out if a shift needs to occur.
You don’t live in Boulder, Colorado? No problem!
As a life coach, I support clients all over the world, using phone, email, and Skype from my home base in Boulder, Colorado. I also travel to you if you need me to.
My private practice has limited openings. If you’d like to work with me, please email me.