If you or someone you know struggles with an eating disorder, read on to find out how I can help you recover. I am a licensed psychotherapist with almost twenty years of expertise in healing eating disorders. I also train, consult and supervise professionals in becoming skilled at eating disorder counseling.
Can I help you?
I can be an expert source of support during your healing journey if you struggle with:
- Binge eating
- Negative body image
- Other disordered food and body image issues
How can I help you?
I know eating disorders inside and out as I’ve personally struggled, and as I’ve had the honor of helping heal hundreds of others who struggle. My eating disorder counseling focuses on mind, body and spirit, for I believe that this is the only way to truly heal. As a licensed marriage and family therapist, I not only support the individual going through the eating disorder, but I also support the marriage and/or family system that is impacted by the disease.
How do I work?
As a licensed psychotherapist with a successful track record and almost twenty years of experience working with eating disorders clients I can help you:
- Transform the eating disorder into a source of brilliance and strength rather than get rid of it from a place of fear and hatred; this always creates profound healing
- Connect more successfully to the deeper, authentic self that the eating disorder is trying to connect you to
- Let go of distorted thoughts about food, your body and yourself, and cultivate loving ones instead; your whole world can change with that simple but profound shift
- Learn to feel emotions in a healthy, safe and sustainable way so that you don’t have to numb them with your eating disorder
- Find more skillful ways to meet your deeper needs than the eating disordered behaviors
- Lovingly work with the resistance that shows up in the recovery journey and use it to heal
- Put together a trusted and expert team that will support you throughout your recovery, including a skilled nutritionist and doctor
Where can I help you?
I provide eating disorder counseling in my office in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. I also work through phone and skype if you are not local.